5 Ways to Winterize Your Home
Hoses, Outside Spigots, & Sprinkler Systems
- Disconnect garden hoses from exterior faucets to keep water from freezing in the hose and rupturing the faucet.
- If your exterior faucets have cut-off valves, close them and drain the faucets. If they don’t, insulate them with foam faucet covers.
- Shut off your sprinkler system, if you have one. Use an air compressor to force water out of the pipes to prevent freezing.
Smoke Detectors & CO Monitors
- Change the batteries in existing smoke detectors and CO monitors.
- Install a carbon monoxide detector near the furnace or water heater, or both.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to ensure they are working properly
Furnace & HVAC
- Have your furnace serviced to make sure it is working properly and safely.
- Change your furnace filters. Dirty filters makes your furnace work harder. In most homes, filters should be changed monthly in the heating season.
Gutters & Downspouts
- Clean rain gutters and downspouts after the leaves have fallen. Leaves and other debris clog gutters, which can create an ice dam on the roof.
- Check for and repair any loose gutters.
- If you hate climbing a ladder, or don’t want to deal with the yucky mess that’s in your gutters, give us a call and we can come out and do it for you.
- Inspect your plumbing for leaking or uninsulated pipes.
- Cover your water heater with an insulating blanket.
- Locate your water main in the event you need to shut it off in an emergency.
- If you go on vacation, leave the heat on, set to at least 55 degrees.
Air Filters Keep reading
What Are the Different Types… Keep reading
9 Tips To Save Big… Keep reading
Contact Us Today
Contact Us Today
Maintenance Plan Care Plan Perks
Scheduling You get moved to the front of the line when scheduling.
Repairs & Accessories You receive discounts on repairs & accessories.
After hours diagnostic services Never pay after-hours rates, including weekends and holidays.
Exclusive Offers You receive monthly specials that aren’t available to anyone else.