5 Ways to Winterize Your Home
Hoses, Outside Spigots, & Sprinkler Systems
- Disconnect garden hoses from exterior faucets to keep water from freezing in the hose and rupturing the faucet.
- If your exterior faucets have cut-off valves, close them and drain the faucets. If they don’t, insulate them with foam faucet covers.
- Shut off your sprinkler system, if you have one. Use an air compressor to force water out of the pipes to prevent freezing.
Smoke Detectors & CO Monitors
- Change the batteries in existing smoke detectors and CO monitors.
- Install a carbon monoxide detector near the furnace or water heater, or both.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to ensure they are working properly
Furnace & HVAC
- Have your furnace serviced to make sure it is working properly and safely.
- Change your furnace filters. Dirty filters makes your furnace work harder. In most homes, filters should be changed monthly in the heating season.
Gutters & Downspouts
- Clean rain gutters and downspouts after the leaves have fallen. Leaves and other debris clog gutters, which can create an ice dam on the roof.
- Check for and repair any loose gutters.
- If you hate climbing a ladder, or don’t want to deal with the yucky mess that’s in your gutters, give us a call and we can come out and do it for you.
- Inspect your plumbing for leaking or uninsulated pipes.
- Cover your water heater with an insulating blanket.
- Locate your water main in the event you need to shut it off in an emergency.
- If you go on vacation, leave the heat on, set to at least 55 degrees.
Contact Us Today
Contact Us Today
Maintenance Plan Care Plan Perks
Scheduling You get moved to the front of the line when scheduling.
Repairs & Accessories You receive discounts on repairs & accessories.
After hours diagnostic services Never pay after-hours rates, including weekends and holidays.
Exclusive Offers You receive monthly specials that aren’t available to anyone else.