5 Tips to Improve Air Quality in Your Home
1. Change your air filter. Air filters for your home, work similarly to the lungs in our bodies. Your air filter pulls out the dirty air particles and leaves the air cleaner for you and your family to breathe. Make sure your filters are clean.
If your filters are located in the attic or other hard-to-reach spaces, give us a call and we can schedule an air filter service change to be performed by our techs, so you no longer have to be inconvenienced.
2. Set your thermostat to Fan Mode On. This action will allow the air to continuously circulate throughout the home. Stagnant air can lead to unwanted odors throughout your living areas.
3. If you have a UV Light Filtration Unit, check the date of the bulb and make sure it is less than two years old. UV bulbs this age or older lose their germ-killing effectiveness. If it is indeed time to change your UV bulb, Call us and we can replace it for you. GreenBox offers different UV light options if you don’t have one in your home.
4. HVAC System maintenance is often overlooked but is a very important action on this list to improve your home’s air quality. Did you know that a maintenance program is required by equipment manufacturers to keep your equipment warranty in effect? Make sure you get a Thorough Deep Cleansing on your HVAC and avoid “cheap system tuneups.” Cheap tuneup options will only shorten the longevity and effectiveness of your most costly home appliance.
GreenBox offers very thorough system maintenance called Club Green. During this comprehensive system maintenance, your tech will be able to look at the internal workings of your equipment and make recommendations that will extend the life and high-performance of your HVAC system. As the old adage goes, “An ounce of prevention, is worth a pound of cure.” So, give us a call today and get your HVAC system, Spring and Summer ready! Here is a link to our Expert Maintenance Program:
5. Do you wonder exactly what you and your family are breathing in your home? Greenbox HVAC can perform an Air Quality Analysis of your home. The data collected from your home’s air is sent to an independent site and you will see the results of your analysis, at the same time as our techs. The price for this type of Air Quality check is $199, but due to the high concern for this information in our communities during this time, we will offer this service FREE for a limited number of spots.
Give us a call today at 859-278-0281 and save your spot!